Sole Trader Insurance

Being a sole trader doesn't mean you have to go it alone. We've got your back.
Happy creative freelancer

Insurance for sole traders

Working as a sole trader means undertaking a number of roles, from project management to finance and marketing. When it comes to your business insurance, however, it should be straightforward to get the right protection for your business.

At Qdos Contractor, we go above and beyond to provide comprehensive insurance products for sole traders which allow you to get on with your job with complete peace of mind.

Create a complete package from our range of suitable business insurance products such as Professional Indemnity Insurance, Public and Employers Liability Insurance, or tax enquiry cover, for the self-employed. We also offer insurance products by trade to cover sole traders across several industries including web development, photography, media, building trades, and business consultancy.

Creative freelancer

Getting insured with Qdos. Easy.

Sole traders are an important part of the UK self-employed market, supporting the economy in a wide range of industries. But nearly a third don't hold insurance!

As such, supporting local businesses and burgeoning entrepreneurs is something we're passionate about, and go the extra mile to help you find a suitable sole trader insurance package.

Two of the most commonly needed policies are Professional Indemnity Insurance and Public Liability Insurance.

If you need a hand with your quote or want to know more about insurance for sole traders please call our UK customer service team on 0116 269 0999 or use our instant chat system should you need assistance with your application.

Public Liability Insurance vs Professional Indemnity Insurance: Which one do I need?

Both Public Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance provide coverage and protection in the event of damage or negligence, however, they react to two very different kinds of losses. Public Liability Insurance reacts when a third party suffers physical damage or injury, and claims this loss was caused by the policyholder. Professional Indemnity Insurance on the other hand reacts where clients or customers claim financial loss was sustained as a result of errors or omissions in the professional services provided.

It is extremely rare that either of these policies will be a legal requirement in the UK, however, they do provide you with peace of mind and protect your business if the unthinkable happens. This means whether you are an electrician, a wedding photographer, or a web developer; protecting yourself with our cost-effective packages allows you to focus on work without worrying about the cost of a lengthy and expensive legal action.

Find out more about what business insurance sole traders need

Why Qdos?
Self-employment is our everything. In fact, we’ve been specialists in the industry since 1988.

We’re business insurance and employment status enthusiasts. We get a kick out of simplifying the complex world of compliance so you don’t have to.
All of our policies include the following as standard:
A dedicated Account Manager
We'll never pass you around a call centre
Online account for 24/7 access
Manage your policies at a time that suits you
Free IR35 Contract Assessment
Because IR35 compliance starts with the written contract

Have a question?

Ask away! One of our team will get back to you

Prefer to talk to us in person?

Call our team on 0116 269 0999 or we can call you back at a time that suits you!